Wednesday 12 November 2008

Into the wild



So tomorrow I'm off to kenya for 10 days visiting a farming school that was set up in partnership with my church. The area of kenya I will be is Kisumu which is in western Kenya within driving distance of lake victoria. Whilst I am there I am going to be visiting an orphan feeding programme, visiting the farm school, seeing some farms that have been trained, visiting 2 child headed families amongst a variety of other things. I think this trip will emotionally draining but a fantastic opportunity and I hope that I can be open to whatever God wants to do with me out there. when I get back I will be doing a mini series on the trip but not sure how I will structure that yet. One of the sureal things I am looking forward to seeing is the lack of dawn or dusk!! apparently it is day or night out there. this happens because it is right on the equator. One thing that is certain, for the next 10 days I will be warm enjoying the African sun.

Back soon

Brian

0 comments: